Sweet Potatoes; my favourite vegetable and a well known super food. I try to incorporate sweet potatoes into many of my meals because all of the health benefits of them. I’ve tried making sweet potato fries in the past, and although they have been good, I never thought they were worthy enough to post the recipe on my blog. But last night I finally made a batch that I think I have perfected.
They are perfectly crispy, and ever so sweet. In the past when I’d try to make them, they were never crispy enough, or I’d end up burning a few of them – but not these ones. Plus, I added a delicious avocado dip which tastes delightful with them.
Okay, so the first step you have to do is cut up your potatoes depending on how much you want to make, and how many people you want to serve. For this batch I did one potato for myself, and I wanted more, so if you are serving just one person, I’d advise you to do 2-3 large potatoes. If you want to make them for multiple people, perhaps do 5-6.
1. Peel your potatoes, or leave the skin on; it’s really up to you. I like them both ways! Cut them in half so they’re easier to cut, and start slicing them into french fry shapes.
3. Get a plastic bag, dump your fries into it, and get ready to shake and bake.
5. Add 1 tsp. of brown sugar, and 1 tsp. of sea salt.
6. Start shaking. Make sure you get all of the ingredients mixed in with all of your fries, and shake it well.
7. Pour them onto a cooking pan, and spread them all out so they cook well. Dab them with paper towel to ensure they aren’t too wet.
9. Once they are brownish and crispy, or however you like them, you can take them out and eat them.
For the avocado dip, I simply mushed up 1 whole avocado, and added a few squirts of lemon. That was plenty for 1 person, with a tad bit extra left over, so depending on how much you want, you can decide how many avocados you want to use.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe, and choose to make your own healthy fries rather than the processed fast food ones! 🙂