My dad always complains that I never make him any food. Since I eat a plant based vegan diet, I often am making tons of food for myself, and none for my family because they don’t always eat the same foods as me.
But lately I’ve been getting my family, especially my dad, to eat more of the foods I do. I love baking and cooking and making different foods for everyone! So since my dad had been complaining, I decided to whip him up something so he would no longer have anything to complain about.
What you’re looking at is a completely healthy, 100% vegan and gluten free banana split. I know right? Hard to believe such a gorgeous piece of food can be so nutritious. My dad sure didn’t think so when I presented this to him. “How can this be healthy?” he asked. Haha, well let me tell you.
All that is on this plate is simply banana, peanut butter, some fruit, nuts, and vegan chocolate. It’s seriously not as complicated as it looks. But oh boy was it delicious.
Here’s what you’ll need: 4 frozen bananas, 1 regular banana, all natural peanut butter, cacao powder, raspberries, strawberries, vegan chocolate chips, vegan brownies, almonds, cashews, muesli or granola.
Let’s begin with the ice cream.
1. In a blender or food processor, add 2 frozen bananas. *remember to cut up and freeze your ripe bananas 4-5 hours prior to blending them. You get a better taste, temperature and texture.*
2. Add in a few raspberries, more or less depending on how pink you want it
3. Add in a bit of almond milk. I didn’t really measure, just poured a bit, blended it, poured a little bit more.
4. Once everything is blended and you have a smoothie/nana ice cream texture, put it into a tupperware container and stick it in the freezer. You will do this with both flavours for at least 4-5 hours to make ICE CREAM!
4. In a blender, add 2 bananas, 1 tsp. of all natural peanut butter, and 1-2 tsp. of cacao powder.
5. Add a bit of almond milk, and blend everything together so you have a thick creamy smoothie texture.
6. Pour it into a container and freeze it with the other one.
*fast forwards 4-5 hours*
7. Remove your frozen ice cream from the freezer. It may not be frozen all the way. If not, freeze it for longer. Or if you’re impatient like me, you can remove them anyways (what I did) and just work with what you got!
8. Cut open one ripe banana through the center, put it on a plate and spread all natural peanut butter on both sides.
9. Scoop on some chocolate and strawberry ice cream.
10. Throw everything single healthy thing in your pantry on there. I’m talkin strawberries, almonds, cashews, vegan brownies, muesli or granola, and vegan chocolate chips!
11. Drizzle on some homemade vegan chocolate sauce.
Serves 1 person (or 2 if you’re cute like me and try to split it). Eat right away before your plate of deliciousnes melts.