I’m sure everyone has heard of a Brownie Batter Blizzard. It was my favourite blizzard back when Dairy Queen had it. And since it was my favourite, I was heart broken when they took it off the menu. But last night I was thinking of what kind of smoothie I wanted to make, while also thinking of the fresh batch of brownies I had just made, and all of a sudden an idea was formed.
This right here is a Vegan Brownie Batter Blizzard. And it is so simple to make, it only takes 3 ingredients. Well, 4 if you include the brownie. I literally took SO many photos of this because well, look at it; it’s gorgeous. Oozing with thick creamy chocolate, and topped with decadent vegan brownie chunks. It’s just marvelous. I don’t know how I didn’t think of this sooner.
1. I guess the first thing you need to do is bake or buy vegan brownies. I used a secret recipe that will be coming soon in the near future.
2. Next you need to make your blizzard; easy peasy. Cut up and freeze four bananas 4-5 hours prior to making your blizzard.
3. When your bananas are frozen and you are ready to make the blizzard, add 4 bananas into a food processor, as well as 1 tbsp. of all natural peanut butter, and 1 tsp. of cacao powder.
4. Blend for a few minutes until it’s really thick, and then add 1/2 cups of almond milk. You may need more or less depending on how thick you want it.
5. Blend again until you get a thick creamy texture and add in chunks of your vegan brownies of choice throughout the mix.
6. Pour into a glass and top with your beautiful vegan brownies and chocolate sauce. (I melted vegan chocolate chips with a bit of almond milk and just stirred it together to make a sauce)
I just can’t over how delicious this looks – and even how delicious it tasted! It was so cold and sweet, but not too sweet that you’d feel sick after as you would when you have dairy. It was a perfect combination of bananas and brownies. And it’s not even unhealthy! You’re talkin a fruit(banana), a great antioxidant(cacao), protein(peanut butter) and calcium (almond milk). I just don’t know how a dessert can get any better than this.
This could serve 1-2 people depending on how much you want. Eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert. Enjoy!