I recently received a sample package from Mel over at Sweet Spreads. They are a company based in the United States that makes healthy all natural nut butters. As soon as I got the package, I quickly opened each jars (there’s 6) and tried each flavour, and they were amazing to say the least. The six flavours they have are: Maple Pancakes, White Chocolate, Cinnamon Roll, Dark Chocolate Mint, Vanilla Cupcake, and Chocolate Brownie.
I love chocolate… so much. So when I saw the chocolate brownie flavour, I knew I’d be in love; and sure enough, I was. My second favourite is vanilla cupcake because it tastes so sweet and delicious. I had my mom try the flavours with me and she loved vanilla cupcake and cinnamon roll. All of their flavours are so good, it’s hard to believe they’re all healthy! You can spread these nut butters on toast, put them on your oatmeal, or just eat it with a spoon and you won’t even feel guilty! What I chose to do with two flavours in particular was put them in my pancakes. Best idea I’ve ever had.
The other morning I decided to make pancakes, and I thought to myself: “which flavours can I add in here that will be incredibly tasty together?” Then the idea popped into my head; Maple Cinnamon Pancakes. I used the flavours Maple Pancakes and Cinnamon Roll, along with many other ingredients to create the perfect healthy and vegan breakfast.
- Start off by preheating your stove top or skillet to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large mixing bowl, add 1 cup of oat flour
- Add in 2 tbsp. of coconut sugar
- Add in 1 tsp. of Maple Pancake nut butter and 1 tsp. Cinnamon Roll nut butter
- Add in 1 tsp. of regular cinnamon
- In a separate smaller bowl, mash up 1 ripe banana
- Add in ¾ cups of almond milk
- Add 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Add 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- Add 1 tsp. of raw honey or agave and mix it together really well
- Pour the contents from the smaller bowl into the larger bowl, and mix everything together well
- You may or may not need to add more almond milk, depending on how thick your mixture is. If it is too thick, just keep adding little amounts of almond milk until you get a fairly liquidy (but not too liquidy) texture.
- This is optional, but I also added a few vegan chocolate chips to my batch because well.. I love chocolate.
- Grease your pan with coconut oil or any other kind of oil
- Cook them until they are a nice golden brown colour
- The batch should make 8 small pancakes
- In a small bowl, put 1 tsp. of Maple Pancake and 1 tsp. of Cinnamon roll nut butter
- Microwave them for 20-30 seconds and stir it around
- Pour it on top of your pancakes
- Peel and cut up an apple and cook the slices for a few minutes in your pan.
- Put the apples on top of your pancakes and sprinkle them with cinnamon.
These pancakes were soft, gooey, and straight up delicious. I always make pancakes for my mother and I and she loved these ones. For more information about Sweet Spreads and to see the delicious photos they post, check them out on Instagram: http://instagram.com/sweetspreads#
Hope you guys enjoy the recipe!