What do you get when you combine two of your favourite breakfast combinations into one thing? Complete and utter awesomeness.
I decided to try the same idea I used with the banana bread oatmeal, and blend some fruit with my oats, and boy oh boy was that a marvelous idea.
Everything from the taste to even the smell of baked strawberry pie was just wonderful. Just like the banana bread oats, these were so fluffy and light – perfect for the morning. And they tasted so delicious, it feels like I’m eating dessert for breakfast.
What you’ll need: oats, brown sugar, strawberries, a blender, peanut butter, almonds
1. Cut up 5-6 strawberries, and microwave them for 20 seconds
2. Cook your oats how you usually would, add 1 tsp of brown sugar, and stir in the strawberries.
3. Pour your cooked oats along with the strawberries into a blender, and blend it for 30 seconds
4. You should have a bright pinky/purple colour
5. Pour it into a bowl, and add peanut butter, strawberries, bananas and almonds
And there you have yourself a perfect bowl of peanut butter and (strawberry) jam oats. Enjoy!