Happy St. Patrick’s Day everybody! This fun filled holiday is an excuse to wear green, drink beer, (OR a green smoothie), and celebrate! Every year my mother always puts stickers on her face, wears green everything, and makes green jello shots. She is very festive. This year I am celebrating by painting my nails green with the Irish flag, and sipping on a nice green smoothie.
I have been experimenting more and more with green smoothies and I think I have fallen in love. I can’t believe I was ever scared to try them and thought they were gross just because they are green!? That is so colour prejudice. Let me just tell you, if this is what is stopping you from trying a green smoothie, wait no more. They are so delicious and so worth it, and after a while, you find the colour actually pretty.
1. Cut up and freeze 3 bananas 4-5 hours prior to making your smoothie.
2. Add them to your blender or magic bullet
3. Add 2-3 large pieces of kale
4. Add 1 tsp. of all natural peanut butter
5. Add 1/4 cups of almond milk
6. Add 1/2 cups of water
7. Blend it until you reach a smooth drinkable texture
Well I hope if you try this smoothie, you enjoy it, and also have a fabulous St. Patrick’s Day where you drink and celebrate and have a ton of fun! Cheers!