Today I was craving something sweet and I had just gotten two new jars of peanut butter and almond butter, so I thought, what better way to satisfy my craving than a fresh peanut butter smoothie?
Now this isn’t just any regular peanut butter smoothie. It’s the ultimate smoothie explosion of nuts butters, bananas, and cinnamon. After I poured the smoothie into a glass, I found myself sticking my finger in the blender, licking it clean – it’s that good.
I know, I know, I make smoothies way too much. But they’re just so good I can’t stop making them. They also make an excellent breakfast or lunch. They are so simply too, you just blend it up, and drink it! I like making smoothies because they’re the perfect vegan drink.
All you’ll need for this delightful concoction are frozen bananas, a McIntosh apple, vanilla almond milk, peanut butter, almond butter, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
2. Once you’re ready, add your 3 bananas into your blender.
3. Peel and cut up 1 McIntosh apple, or an apple of your choice (make sure it’s sweet, not sour) and add it in
4. Pour ½ cups of vanilla almond milk in
5. Add in 3 tsp. of peanut butter (unless you like it extra peanut buttery, add in 4 or more)
6. Add 1 tsp. of almond butter
7. Pour in 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
8. Sprinkle in a dash of cinnamon
Now, I am not lying to you when I say this is a mouth-watering smoothie. I finished drinking it 3 hours ago and writing this I am still craving the taste of it. It’s so full of rich creamy peanut butter flavour, with that secondary vanilla flavour still on my taste buds.
Make sure to enjoy this smoothie, and lick the glass clean!