I know how this sounds – ridiculously rich in chocolate and very unhealthy. Well, what if I told you that this was 100% healthy and 100% vegan!
Usually for lunch I make a simple bowl of chocolate banana ice cream, but today I was feeling different. Today I was feeling risky, and wanted to experiment with something new. So I whipped up the first ingredients that came to my head, hoping it would result in something sweet and tasty. And well, it did.
All you need for this smoothie are bananas, dates, all natural peanut butter, cacao powder, and chocolate almond milk. For this smoothie, I’d advise using a strong blender or food processor, just because the dates are hard to blend and are tough on a small blender or magic bullet.
1. Prior to making your smoothie, freeze 3 cut up bananas a minimum of 4-5 hours.
2. When you’re ready to make your smoothie, put them in the blender.
3. Add 1 and ½ tsp. of all natural peanut butter
4. Add 6 pitted dates
5. Add 2 tsp. of raw cacao powder
6. Pour in ½ cups of chocolate almond milk