I thought of this simple little recipe last summer. In a bowl, I used to have Greek yogurt on the bottom, then I’d add granola, almonds, cashews, and peanut butter – and that’s when I got the idea for Granola Bites. (1 GB=87 calories)
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Start off by getting a deep bowl to mix your ingredients into.
- Pour ½ cups of granola and ½ cups of dry oats
- On a plate, cut up almonds, cashews, and dried cranberries.
- Pour the cut up nuts and berries into the bowl with the dry mix.
- Gradually add in a total of 4 tbsp. of peanut butter.
- Mix it slowly, and stir it well. Make sure there’s no granola or oats there aren’t mixed in with the peanut butter. Caution – it will be very sticky, and you may have to use your fingers quite a bit, so have something to wipe them on so that the mix doesn’t constantly stick to your fingers, rather than stay in the bowl.
- Get a pan, and grease it with coconut oil.
- Roll the mix into 10 small ball shapes.
- Stick them in the oven for 10 minutes
- When they are done, let them cool down for 6 minutes
- Refrigerate them for 10 minutes
1 granola bite = 87 calories
2 granola bites = 174 calories