I recently made a trip to Whole Foods where I purchased some cacao powder. I’ve never tried it before, but I’ve heard great things about it, and how it’s the healthy version of cocoa. So after buying it, I had this wonderful idea for a smoothie – A chocolate peanut butter smoothie.
I know what you’re thinking – how can chocolate AND peanut butter together, be healthy for me? Well, let me tell you how through this simple recipe.
What you’ll need: cacao powder, all natural peanut butter, frozen banana, spinach, almond milk.
1. A minimum of 4 hours before you make this smoothie, cut up 3 bananas and freeze them.
2. Once it’s time, get all your ingredients out in front of you.
3. First is the peanut butter layer.
4. In your blender, add 1 and ½ bananas and 2 tbsp of peanut butter.
5. Add 1/4 cups of almond milk and blend until it’s thick and creamy
6. Pour it into a bowl or cup and stick it in the freezer while you make the chocolate layer.
7. Second is the chocolate layer.
8. Add in 1 and ½ bananas and 1 tbsp. of peanut butter
9. Add 2 tsp of cacao powder
10. Add 1 small handful of spinach and 1/4 cups of almond milk
11. Blend until it’s thick and creamy.
12. Next, remove the peanut butter smoothie from the freezer.
13. Pour in the peanut butter layer, then the chocolate layer, then finish with the peanut butter layer.
And voila, there you have it! A completely healthy, vegan, packed with potassium and protein, chocolate and peanut butter smoothie! A fabulous start to your morning. Ps. I suggest you eat it with a spoon rather than a straw.